A Gold Glove season from Trevor Story
I talked about Ryan McMahon’s defense in the last slide. Another player who continues to make strides in his infield defense is Trevor Story.
After not being a Gold Glove finalist in 2018, Story made the leap into the shortstop finalist category last season. The next logical step, of course, is for Story to unseat Nick Ahmed as the Gold Glove winner.
More from Colorado Rockies News
- A Colorado Rockies Thanksgiving
- Colorado Rockies: Charlie Blackmon out for the season
- Colorado Rockies: Injuries shift look of roster ahead of Dodgers series
- Colorado Rockies: 3 things we appreciated from Tuesday in San Francisco
- What Bill Schmidt’s comments mean for the Colorado Rockies in 2023
As my colleague Noah Yingling pointed out in this article, Story was second last season among National League shortstops in Defensive Runs Saved (DRS), according to Fangraphs, with 17. He and Nolan Arenado have become one of the better defensive tandems in Major League Baseball.
And there is still so much room for growth from Story. Twice a Silver Slugger and twice an All-Star, Story is often recognized for his bat. However, it’s Gold Glove-caliber-winning defense that could be the next plateau for Story to conquer in 2020