**NOTE** I am not a time traveler (yet), so please don’t stumble upon these scenarios and confuse them with what actually happened or what will actually happen. This is just for fun. For the sake of ending on a good note, I’ll start with the nightmare.
More from Colorado Rockies News
- A Colorado Rockies Thanksgiving
- Colorado Rockies: Charlie Blackmon out for the season
- Colorado Rockies: Injuries shift look of roster ahead of Dodgers series
- Colorado Rockies: 3 things we appreciated from Tuesday in San Francisco
- What Bill Schmidt’s comments mean for the Colorado Rockies in 2023
The starting pitching struggles that have become a source of nervousness in spring training continue, as the Rockies lose in extra innings on Opening Day before getting lit up in game two and squeaking out an ugly win before heading to San Diego.
Wade Davis blows two saves in San Diego and only a two-homer game from Nolan Arenado saves the Rockies from a disappointing sweep. They return home limping at 2-5.
“It’s a marathon season” becomes a common clubhouse quote.
The Rockies, led by six home runs between CarGo and Trevor Story, win two of three against the D-backs, followed by winning all four in San Diego. Wade Davis records four saves in four chances and Jon Gray, in his second start, no-hits the Padres through 7.1 before finishing with a complete game, two-hit shutout. The Rockies return home 6-1, already red hot.
Let’s go Rockies!