These are likely your four starters for the postseason. If the Rockies open against the Arizona Diamondbacks in the Wild Card game, we’re projecting Marquez to take the hill. He has faced Arizona five times this season and the D-backs are hitting just .232 against him. Sure, he’s 0-2 with a 3.94 ERA, but he also has a walk-strikeout ratio of 9-29 against Arizona.
More from Colorado Rockies News
- A Colorado Rockies Thanksgiving
- Colorado Rockies: Charlie Blackmon out for the season
- Colorado Rockies: Injuries shift look of roster ahead of Dodgers series
- Colorado Rockies: 3 things we appreciated from Tuesday in San Francisco
- What Bill Schmidt’s comments mean for the Colorado Rockies in 2023
With just one game in the Wild Card round, familiarity with a foe is key as is solid pitching heading into the postseason. Marquez has both of those on his side.
A Marquez-Senzatela (out of the bullpen) 1-2 punch could be interested in a Wild Card game as well.
Chatwood and Rusin fill the roles of long relievers as needed, with Rusin giving the flexibility for spot situational pitching if needed. If hitting on all cylinders, the late inning options of McGee, Dunn, Ottavino, Neshek and Holland are something that could give the Rockies the edge if they get the lead.