Colorado Rockies: Which teams are the biggest Wild Card challengers?
Milwaukee Brewers (52-43, Lead NL Central)
The biggest surprise of the season is the fact that the Brewers are leading the division that have the Cubs and the Cardinals.
They are a threat to the Rockies, because they won’t be leading the division much longer. The Cubs are going to get back to their old ways of winning and take the lead in the NL Central.
More from Colorado Rockies News
- A Colorado Rockies Thanksgiving
- Colorado Rockies: Charlie Blackmon out for the season
- Colorado Rockies: Injuries shift look of roster ahead of Dodgers series
- Colorado Rockies: 3 things we appreciated from Tuesday in San Francisco
- What Bill Schmidt’s comments mean for the Colorado Rockies in 2023
That means that the team the Rockies have to look out for in the wild card are the Brewers.
The Brewers are an all around good team. They are right in the middle of the MLB in batting average and ERA. They are known as a power hitting team in hitter friendly Miller Park, but their pitching is what has kept them in games.
It will be interesting to see what the Brewers do with the trade deadline approaching. Either they will see this season as an opportunity to make the playoffs for the first time since 2008, and be a buyer. Or they will see their roster as something they can build around, and be sellers to acquire young talent.
As of right now, the Brewers are a team to be aware of.