Colorado Rockies Rundown: Flande, Adames, Blackmon, Black Sunday
By Bobby DeMuro
Sep 5, 2015; Denver, CO, USA; A general view during the fourth inning between the Colorado Rockies and the San Francisco Giants at Coors Field. Mandatory Credit: Chris Humphreys-USA TODAY Sports
Your morning rundown — news, notes, analysis, and more — on the biggest stories surrounding the Colorado Rockies for Wednesday, September 23, 2015.
More from Colorado Rockies News
- A Colorado Rockies Thanksgiving
- Colorado Rockies: Charlie Blackmon out for the season
- Colorado Rockies: Injuries shift look of roster ahead of Dodgers series
- Colorado Rockies: 3 things we appreciated from Tuesday in San Francisco
- What Bill Schmidt’s comments mean for the Colorado Rockies in 2023
The Colorado Rockies’ season is winding down, and with it, the news cycle. Seriously, have you guys noticed Patrick Saunders has been largely absent at the Denver Post — especially on Twitter — and even Thomas Harding and the folks at MLB.com seem to be a revolving door nowadays?
Part of it is, hey, end of September for a crappy team. Another part, though (at least my opinion) is that changes are a-comin’. Get ready for something this winter, some media shake up. New beat writers, different tactics, don’t know what, but it’s comin’.
You’ll all see!! Anyways… Here’s what’s going down in today’s edition of the Colorado Rockies’ rundown:
- Charlie Blackmon swipes 40 bags.
- Yohan Flande will not be making his next start due to an injury; David Hale is set to start in his place on Friday.
- Cristhian Adames is someone you should watch out for next year (we told you so!).
- Purple Row revisits 2010’s Black Sunday.
Let’s cover today’s news and notes around the Colorado Rockies.
Next: Blackmon swipes 40