Colorado Rockies Rundown: Barnes Rakes, Lyles’ Rehab, Rafael Ynoa
May 18, 2015; Denver, CO, USA; Colorado Rockies starting pitcher J. Lyles (24) delivers a pitch during the game against the Philadelphia Phillies at Coors Field. Mandatory Credit: Chris Humphreys-USA TODAY Sports
Your morning rundown — news, notes, analysis, and more — on the biggest stories surrounding the Colorado Rockies for this Friday, August 28, 2015.
More from Colorado Rockies News
- A Colorado Rockies Thanksgiving
- Colorado Rockies: Charlie Blackmon out for the season
- Colorado Rockies: Injuries shift look of roster ahead of Dodgers series
- Colorado Rockies: 3 things we appreciated from Tuesday in San Francisco
- What Bill Schmidt’s comments mean for the Colorado Rockies in 2023
The Colorado Rockies are fresh off a series victory in Atlanta against the Braves (their first since 2005!) and enjoyed an off day in Pittsburgh on Thursday while the Pirates were playing a game in Miami (so there’s an advantage there, right? Guys? …guys?)
Not much news happens on off days, so we’ve got some other good stuff in the rundown today. Here’s what’s going down in this morning’s edition for you:
- MLB.com preview the Rockies’ and Pirates’ three-game series in Pittsburgh that begins tonight.
- Brandon Barnes is starting to heat up after a cold start to the second half.
- Jordan Lyles is bored with rehab. Like, really bored. He wants to pitch again.
- Ben Hochman discusses the Rockies (and leaving Denver, super sad) on a podcast.
- Rafael Ynoa starts a triple play for the Albuquerque Isotopes.
Lots to discuss! Let’s cover today’s news and notes around the Colorado Rockies.
Next: Rockies vs Pirates