Colorado Rockies Rundown: Michael McKenry’s Surgery, Tommy Kahnle’s Struggles, And DJ LeMahieu’s Success
By Bobby DeMuro
Aug 25, 2015; Atlanta, GA, USA; Colorado Rockies second baseman D. LeMahieu (9) throws a runner out at first against the Atlanta Braves in the ninth inning at Turner Field. The Rockies defeated the Braves 5-1. Mandatory Credit: Brett Davis-USA TODAY Sports
Your morning rundown — news, notes, analysis, and more — on the biggest stories surrounding the Colorado Rockies for this Thursday, August 27, 2015.
More from Colorado Rockies News
- A Colorado Rockies Thanksgiving
- Colorado Rockies: Charlie Blackmon out for the season
- Colorado Rockies: Injuries shift look of roster ahead of Dodgers series
- Colorado Rockies: 3 things we appreciated from Tuesday in San Francisco
- What Bill Schmidt’s comments mean for the Colorado Rockies in 2023
The Colorado Rockies are on their way to Pittsburgh after a three-game set against the Atlanta Braves in the muggy weather at empty Turner Field. God bless the South, right?! (No, seriously, I love the South.)
Now, the Rox have a real test in Pittsburgh, a club that’s not only pretty damn good, but also playing very, very well lately — both the Pirates and the Cubs are gaining on the St. Louis Cardinals, and the NL Central is the toast of baseball right now. This series should be fun…
Before we do that, though, the Colorado Rockies get an off day today. We’ll post a series preview later this morning — so heads up for all that — but before we do, here’s what’s going down in today’s edition of the rundown:
- Michael McKenry underwent successful knee surgery.
- Tommy Kahnle is fading down the stretch.
- MLB Trade Rumors breaks down the Rockies’ three needs.
- Yohan Flande‘s nice “homecoming” in Atlanta.
- DJ LeMahieu is still turning in a great season… and now, batting cleanup (yikes).
- Charlie Blackmon grades out well defensively in terms of sabermetrics, but is that really the case?
- The Colorado Rockies spent the day at UGA, with several players on the club having Georgia ties.
- Kyle Kendrick celebrated a birthday Tuesday!
Lots to discuss! Let’s cover today’s news and notes around the Colorado Rockies.
Next: Michael McKenry has knee surgery