Aug 11, 2015; New York City, NY, USA; Colorado Rockies right fielder C. Gonzalez (5) reacts after lining out against the New York Mets during the ninth inning at Citi Field. The Mets defeated the Rockies 4 – 0. Mandatory Credit: Adam Hunger-USA TODAY Sports
Your morning rundown — news, notes, analysis, and more — on the biggest stories surrounding the Colorado Rockies for this Wednesday, August 26, 2015.
More from Colorado Rockies News
- A Colorado Rockies Thanksgiving
- Colorado Rockies: Charlie Blackmon out for the season
- Colorado Rockies: Injuries shift look of roster ahead of Dodgers series
- Colorado Rockies: 3 things we appreciated from Tuesday in San Francisco
- What Bill Schmidt’s comments mean for the Colorado Rockies in 2023
The Colorado Rockies are finishing up their series in Atlanta tonight against the Braves, after an… eventful… first two games at Turner Field in the August heat. From here, of course, they’ll head on to Pittsburgh (good luck with that!) before returning home to Denver for a home stand.
September is almost here, which means roster expansion and a little bit of alleviation on a tired roster, but the Rockies aren’t there yet. We’ve got a little bit of work to do this week before the full-on September audition period really begins in earnest.
Here’s what’s going down in today’s edition of the rundown:
- Carlos Gonzalez has been shelved with right knee soreness.
- Chad Bettis recorded his first big league hit on Tuesday night.
- Justin Morneau inches closer to returning with live BP.
- Brandon Barnes was a late Tuesday scratch with health problems.
- Todd Helton worked his Make-A-Wish magic this week.
- Jon Gray gets scouted by MLB.com.
Lots to discuss! Let’s cover today’s news and notes around the Colorado Rockies.
Next: Right knee issues sideline CarGo