Jul 14, 2015; Cincinnati, OH, USA; National League second basemen D. LeMahieu (9) of the Colorado Rockies warms up prior to the 2015 MLB All Star Game at Great American Ball Park. Mandatory Credit: Rick Osentoski-USA TODAY Sports
The Colorado Rockies have returned from the All Star break, and with it, come a few organization-wide Saturday shout-outs!
More from Colorado Rockies News
- A Colorado Rockies Thanksgiving
- Colorado Rockies: Charlie Blackmon out for the season
- Colorado Rockies: Injuries shift look of roster ahead of Dodgers series
- Colorado Rockies: 3 things we appreciated from Tuesday in San Francisco
- What Bill Schmidt’s comments mean for the Colorado Rockies in 2023
The Colorado Rockies are back from a four-day break with the All Star game, home run derby, and ok, who the hell knows, I took four days off and watched reality TV and ate Chipotle burritos. (Woo-hoo!)
Now we are back, though, so it’s time to wrap up the last week in Rockies’ baseball with a few team (and organization) shout-outs from the past seven(ish) days:
- Troy Tulowitzki has now reached base in 39 straight games, which is the fourth-longest streak in franchise history.
- Seriously, congratulations again to Tulo, DJ LeMahieu, and Nolan Arenado for making the National League All Star team. It’s LeMahieu and Arenado’s first All Star appearance, and surely something none of them will ever forget.
- Gonzalez Germen has now thrown five scoreless innings in two appearances with the Rockies. Greatest waiver wire pickup the Rockies have ever made! (Seriously, though, way to throw the ball, dude.)
- LaTroy Hawkins has thrown 10.1 scoreless innings over his last ten games, striking out nine with no walks allowed.
- Cristhian Adames homered in the AAA All Star Game this week. Call that man up!
- In his last 24 games, Charlie Blackmon has hit six doubles, three triples, and four home runs, while driving in 19 runs, walking nine times, and stealing nine bases. That’s a pretty all-encompassing output for a leadoff hitter!
- Speaking of Chuck Nazty, shout out to our friends at Purple Row for this tweet!
- Chris Rusin has a 2.73 ERA over his last five games/four starts (26.1 innings) while walking only six, and striking out fifteen hitters. He’s slated to start on Monday against the Texas Rangers.
The Rockies get back at it behind Chad Bettis tonight against the San Diego Padres at Petco Park. See you then!