Chris Humphreys-USA TODAY Sports
Things took a sad turn in Drew Goodman’s call of Troy Tulowitzki‘s 1,000th career hit.
“Youth goes quickly, doesn’t it?”
More from Colorado Rockies News
- A Colorado Rockies Thanksgiving
- Colorado Rockies: Charlie Blackmon out for the season
- Colorado Rockies: Injuries shift look of roster ahead of Dodgers series
- Colorado Rockies: 3 things we appreciated from Tuesday in San Francisco
- What Bill Schmidt’s comments mean for the Colorado Rockies in 2023
And just like that, a great moment for the Colorado Rockies and their franchise shortstop turned into a depressing reflection on how much older we all are. Thanks, Drew.
The point is well taken, though. It does not seem like long ago that Tulo was the exciting rookie on the Rockies squad that looked like it was going to be a perennial playoff team. Now he is starting to add his name to the career accomplishments list for the franchise, to which he will be a frequent contributor if he sticks around long enough.
Here is the video of hit # 1,000, courtesy of MLB.com:
Congrats to Tulo. Hopefully this is the first of many milestones for him in a Rockies uniform.