More from Rox Pile
- A Colorado Rockies Thanksgiving
- Colorado Rockies: What if Todd Helton had played football instead?
- Colorado Rockies: Charlie Blackmon out for the season
- Colorado Rockies: Injuries shift look of roster ahead of Dodgers series
- Colorado Rockies: Has Sean Bouchard earned a second look in 2023?
Raimel Tapia has been great for the Rockies at the top of their lineup.
Overall, the Rockies leadoff man is hitting .290/.338/.403 with an OPS+ of 95.
His problem is that he has been a bit streaky this year. After hitting .316 with an .807 OPS in his first 32 games, he hit .156 with a .440 OPS in his next 21 games.
In his next 18 games, he hit .438 with an OPS of 1.077 but in his last eight games, he’s hitting .138 with a .366 OPS.
For the Rockies, especially with their drastic home/road splits in the first half of the season, don’t have a slam-dunk All-Star candidate.
They have a lot of players that are right on the cusp of it as some of the cold players to start have warmed up and some of their hot players to start the season have since cooled.
If I had to guess, though, the Rockies will still only have one representative at the All-Star Game and as of now, I think the hot hand will go to Germán Márquez. He is likely to start on next Friday or Saturday of next week so he should be available to pitch in the All-Star Game on the Tuesday after the start.