Colorado Rockies: The mixed thoughts and opinions of Nolan Arenado’s Thursday comments
More from Rox Pile
- A Colorado Rockies Thanksgiving
- Colorado Rockies: What if Todd Helton had played football instead?
- Colorado Rockies: Charlie Blackmon out for the season
- Colorado Rockies: Injuries shift look of roster ahead of Dodgers series
- Colorado Rockies: Has Sean Bouchard earned a second look in 2023?
2) Did Nolan Arenado never have a curtain call as a Rockie?
In short, yes. I think that likely, he meant to say that he didn’t have one of that magnitude.
Sometimes people don’t believe that athletes are fallible but they are. Sometimes, players are caught up in the moment of things and say things that they a) don’t realize they said or b) said incorrectly.
Like I mentioned earlier, it could even be a semantics game that the cycle was not a “curtain call” because it was a walk-off and he never left the field.
But he admitted that the home run that completed the cycle on Father’s Day 2017 “still probably tops this just a little bit.” So it’s still a moment that he says he remembers fondly on.
Also, the Rockies drew great attendance numbers for much of Arenado’s career with the team, even when they weren’t playing well.
So, these questions may not be able to be definitively answered (at least right now) but, there’s always some food for thought when looking back to some of the best moments in Rockies history.