More from Rox Pile
- A Colorado Rockies Thanksgiving
- Colorado Rockies: What if Todd Helton had played football instead?
- Colorado Rockies: Charlie Blackmon out for the season
- Colorado Rockies: Injuries shift look of roster ahead of Dodgers series
- Colorado Rockies: Has Sean Bouchard earned a second look in 2023?
What do you remember most about the day everything shut down?
“I remember thinking, ‘Oh this will be a week then we’ll get back into it.’ We’ll be playing baseball again in no time, I thought. Obviously, I was extremely wrong about that. Everything else started to happen and you realized just how big of a deal this was going to be.”
What do you remember most about the spring shutdown?
“I remember just trying to find out how to play baseball at all. A lot of people were leaning toward there’s not going to be a season. You know, it was crazy to think about just packing up and coming back next year. So that’s what I remember the most.
“I think we all knew it was going to be tough. There are things that we don’t normally have to deal with, but I think everybody was on the positive side of things, for the most part. We didn’t catch many breaks but we tried to find things to look forward to, and that was figuring out how to play again.”