More from Rox Pile
- A Colorado Rockies Thanksgiving
- Colorado Rockies: What if Todd Helton had played football instead?
- Colorado Rockies: Charlie Blackmon out for the season
- Colorado Rockies: Injuries shift look of roster ahead of Dodgers series
- Colorado Rockies: Has Sean Bouchard earned a second look in 2023?
Bauer’s baggage and temperament
Bauer is known to be a bit of a hothead and he has burned a few bridges in his career. His social media presence (which many baseball fans either love or hate, with not many in between), he has let that occasionally spill out onto the field and into the clubhouse
In what ended up being his final start for Cleveland, he threw the ball he had into center field as he was being removed from the game, in frustration from his performance.
While with Arizona, he also didn’t get along with his catcher, Miguel Montero, and he made a song that was seemingly pointed against Montero.
He, himself, understands that he’s not well-liked and he seems to be fine with that. In fact, he was quoted as saying this in Sports Illustrated.
"“I’m good at two things in this world: throwing baseballs and pissing people off,” said Bauer."
It’s part of the reason why he has been called “MLB’s most hated man.”
Well, there they are. Five reasons for the Rockies to sign Bauer and five reasons to not sign him. Let us know whether you think the Rockies should sign Bauer or not on social media.