It’s very clear that Rockies fans are still Kyle Freeland Guys and Gals. On Sunday, Freeland reminded everyone how sharp he can be on the mound.
The second number to know from the weekend is 12.
More from Rox Pile
- A Colorado Rockies Thanksgiving
- Colorado Rockies: What if Todd Helton had played football instead?
- Colorado Rockies: Charlie Blackmon out for the season
- Colorado Rockies: Injuries shift look of roster ahead of Dodgers series
- Colorado Rockies: Has Sean Bouchard earned a second look in 2023?
In Sunday’s 5-2 win over Texas, Freeland grabbed his first road win since March 28, 2019 at Miami. That was Opening Day and would be the last time the 27-year-old southpaw would win on the road in what was a horrific 2019 for him.
How bad was it for Freeland last year on the road after Miami? He went 0-7 over 12 starts away from Denver the rest of the season. Yes, the win in Texas snapped a 12-game winless streak for Freeland away from Coors Field.
How good has Freeland been in his first starts of the season during his career? Sunday’s win moved him to 3-1 with a 2.96 ERA in four career season debut starts.
Can Freeland keep up the momentum we saw in Texas when he scattered four hits over six innings? We’ll find out when Freeland next takes the mound, a scheduled Saturday start in Denver against the San Diego Padres.