More from Rox Pile
- A Colorado Rockies Thanksgiving
- Colorado Rockies: What if Todd Helton had played football instead?
- Colorado Rockies: Charlie Blackmon out for the season
- Colorado Rockies: Injuries shift look of roster ahead of Dodgers series
- Colorado Rockies: Has Sean Bouchard earned a second look in 2023?
Number 59- Wilton Lopez
Wilton Lopez is a Rockies reliever that you probably forgot about from yesteryear but he actually pitched well for the awful 2013 Rockies team. He pitched to a 4.06 ERA (3.57 FIP) and a 110 ERA+ in 75 games out of the Rockies bullpen that year.
He spent most of the 2014 season in Triple-A Colorado Springs, though, as he was not good in only four appearances in 2014 (11.37 ERA).
Number 60- Manny Corpas
Bringing up the rear in this installment is Manny Corpas. He, Justin Miller, and Zac Rosscup are the only players to ever wear number 60 so, again, this is another easy one.
In parts of six seasons as a Rockie, Corpas pitched in 311 games with an ERA of 4.01 (112 ERA+) and a FIP of 3.89.
Far and away, his best season was the Rockies’ best season as a franchise: 2007. He had a career-low ERA of 2.08 in his career-high for appearances (78). He also had his career-high for saves in a season (19), his best season for hits allowed per nine innings (7.3), his lowest home runs allowed per nine innings (0.7), and his strikeout and walk rate per nine innings were both better than his career average.