Colorado Rockies: A look at the Rockies 2020 schedule
Major League Baseball has released the 2020 schedule for all 30 MLB teams and the Colorado Rockies have an interesting schedule for next season.
Major League Baseball just released the schedule for each of the 30 MLB teams for 2020 and the Rockies have a very interesting schedule.
They will open the season on March 26th and the Rockies will be facing the San Diego Padres at Petco Park in San Diego for the first of a four game set. They will also face the Dodgers in Dodger Stadium for three games before the home opener at Coors Field.
After an off-day, the Rockies will open up against the Padres at Coors Field on Friday, April 2nd for the first of three games before another off-day and two games against the Texas Rangers in the Rockies first interleague games of the season.
The early part of the season is littered with off days as the Rockies have seven off-days in the month of April alone (April 2nd, 6th, 9th, 13th, 20th, 27th, and 30th).
More from Rox Pile
- A Colorado Rockies Thanksgiving
- Colorado Rockies: What if Todd Helton had played football instead?
- Colorado Rockies: Charlie Blackmon out for the season
- Colorado Rockies: Injuries shift look of roster ahead of Dodgers series
- Colorado Rockies: Has Sean Bouchard earned a second look in 2023?
Here are some of the other interesting series that the Rockies have in 2020.
- April 28-29 (Tuesday through Wednesday) against the Chicago White Sox at Coors Field
- May 4-6 (Monday through Wednesday) vs. Detroit Tigers at Comerica Park
- May 19-20 (Tuesday through Wednesday) at Guaranteed Rate Field against the White Sox
- Memorial Day Weekend (Friday May 22 through Sunday, May 24) 3 vs. the Phillies at Coors Field (the last time the Rockies will see them in the regular season)
- Memorial Day and the following days (Monday, May 25 through Thursday May 29) 4 games vs. Dodgers at Coors Field)
- Monday June 22 through Wednesday June 24: 3 games vs. the Kansas City Royals at Coors Field
- Friday June 26 through Sunday June 28: 3 games in Minneapolis against the Minnesota Twins
- Weekend of July 4th (Friday July 3 through Sunday July 5): 3 games at Coors Field against the San Francisco Giants
- Thursday July 9 through Sunday July 12: 4 games vs. the Brewers in Milwaukee before the All-Star Game on July 14 at Dodger Stadium.
- Monday August 17 through Thursday August 20: 4 games vs. Nationals at Coors Field
- Friday August 21 through Sunday August 23: 3 games vs. Dodgers at Coors
- Monday August 24 through Tuesday August 25: 2 games at the new Globe Life Park opening next season in Arlington, Texas against the Texas Rangers.
- Labor Day weekend (September 4 through 6): 3 at Coors Field against the Cleveland Indians.
- Labor Day (September 7) through September 9: 3 games at Coors against the Chicago Cubs (the first time they see them in the season).
- Last roadtrip: Offday on September 14 and 17 with 2 games at Dodger Stadium sandwiched in between. Following the second off day, the Rockies go to Wrigley Field for three against the Cubs.
- Final Homestand: 3 vs. Dodgers and 3 vs. Diamondbacks to end the season on September 27.
At least by the Rockies opponents in August and September are playing this season, it looks like they will have a very difficult schedule for the last two months of 2020 but, obviously, a lot can change between now and then.
You can check out the rest of the Rockies 2020 schedule here.