Watching the Colorado Rockies hasn’t been the easiest venture over the past month but Major League Baseball and YouTube are here to remedy that a bit. This week, both announced their matchups to close out the regular season. Many games include Wild Card hopefuls facing off against division mainstays. The last opportunity to see the Rockies on YouTube this year is in the month of August. To watch the MLB Game of the Week, visit YouTube.com/MLB or search MLB on YouTube.
Colorado Rockies vs. Arizona Diamondbacks, Wednesday, August 21 @ 1:40 PM MT
More from Rox Pile
- A Colorado Rockies Thanksgiving
- Colorado Rockies: What if Todd Helton had played football instead?
- Colorado Rockies: Charlie Blackmon out for the season
- Colorado Rockies: Injuries shift look of roster ahead of Dodgers series
- Colorado Rockies: Has Sean Bouchard earned a second look in 2023?
At the beginning of the season many would predict the Diamondbacks and Rockies to switch places in the division with their current August standings. Somehow Arizona is only 2.5 games back in the Wild Card. The Diamondbacks started the season in rebuild mode trading their cornerstone first baseman Paul Goldschmidt. To further emphasize that direction, they traded their best pitcher Zack Greinke at the trade deadline to the Houston Astros, making them the favorite to win the whole thing. Somehow the D’Backs are still in second place while the Rockies are searching for answers to get out of a slump and the cellar of the NL West.
The Diamondbacks visit LoDo tomorrow for a three-game set where Peter Lambert, Jon Gray and Kyle Freeland will all make starts. Expect those three starters to try to finish the season strong to build some momentum going into the offseason. They had little coming out of the Padres series but being home against a divisional rival may help swing momentum to get ready for this YouTube game in the desert. The MLB Network crew will be broadcasting this game with former Rockies Jermey Affeldt and Eric Byrnes on the call.
Atlanta Braves vs. Colorado Rockies, Monday, August 26 @ 3:00 PM ET
The Braves are sitting comfortably with a 6.5 game lead in a surprisingly tight NL East. The Washington Nationals and the Philadelphia Phillies have been battling it out all year for a Wild Card spot but the New York Mets have made a remarkable surge only being .5 a game out of playoff contention. Don’t expect the Braves to lighten up against the Rockies in their pursuit of back-to-back NL East crowns proving last year was no fluke.
This game is a make-up game for due to inclement weather on April 10. This is the last time the Rockies will play the Braves this season. Both home and away series were played in April between these two. The Rockies hold a 2-3 record against the Braves this season.
Check the rest of the MLB x YouTube schedule below:
● Game 4: St. Louis Cardinals vs. Los Angeles Dodgers, Wednesday August 7 @ 3:00 PM ET
Announcers: Rich Waltz, Nomar Garciaparra, Jason Marquis, Alanna Rizzo
● Game 5: Philadelphia Phillies vs. San Francisco Giants, Thursday August 8 @ 9:45 PM ET
Announcers: Rich Waltz, Ben Davis, Shawn Estes, Guy Haberman
● Game 6: Minnesota Twins vs. Milwaukee Brewers, Wednesday August 14 @ 2:00 PM ET
Announcers: Scott Braun, Justin Morneau, Dan Plesac, Jamie Hersch
● Game 7: Colorado Rockies vs. Arizona Diamondbacks, Wednesday, August 21 @ 3:40 PM ET
Announcers: Scott Braun, Jeremy Affeldt, Eric Byrnes, Alexa Datt
● Game 8: Atlanta Braves vs. Colorado Rockies, Monday August 26 @ 3:00 PM ET
● Game 9: New York Mets vs. Washington Nationals, Wednesday, Sept. 4 @ 1:05 PM ET
● Game 10: Toronto Blue Jays vs. Tampa Bay Rays, Thursday, Sept. 5 @ 7:10 PM ET
● Game 11: Cleveland Indians vs. Los Angeles Angels, Tuesday, Sept. 10 @ 10:07 PM ET
● Game 12: Tampa Bay Rays vs. Los Angeles Dodgers, Tuesday, Sept. 17 @ 10:10 PM ET
● Game 13: St. Louis Cardinals vs. Arizona Diamondbacks, Wednesday, Sept. 25 @ 3:40 pm ET