Ramstein Air Base, Germany
Located in southwestern Germany, Ramstein Air Base serves as the base for the United States Air Forces in Europe-Air Forces Africa and NATO Allied Air Command. It’s estimated that more than 54,000 American service members and more than 5,400 US civilian employees live and work in the area surrounding Ramstein.
More from Rox Pile
- A Colorado Rockies Thanksgiving
- Colorado Rockies: What if Todd Helton had played football instead?
- Colorado Rockies: Charlie Blackmon out for the season
- Colorado Rockies: Injuries shift look of roster ahead of Dodgers series
- Colorado Rockies: Has Sean Bouchard earned a second look in 2023?
While Major League Baseball is wanting to grow the game in Mexico as we discussed in the previous slide, MLB is also looking to see what growth it can find in Europe as well. Don’t forget the Red Sox and Yankees are kicking things off in London and the MLB European Academy is helping young players find opportunities.
We know that MLB has hosted a game at Fort Bragg (N.C.) in the past and then turned the field into a facility that could be used by the soldiers and families who are stationed there. The same kind of thing could be done at Ramstein.
The Rockies could represent the West against a team from the Eastern side of the United States (although that team would have an advantage with the time zone change). Give it a good old-fashioned West vs. East theme and let the servicemen and women choose their side.