5. Vs. Toronto Blue Jays (May 31-June 2)
To be honest, this game statistically isn’t enticing based upon the numbers this year. The Blue Jays are fourth in the American League East with a current record of 60-69 (heading into Sunday’s play). As a team, they are hitting .243 and have a team ERA of 4.75.
The reason I chose this series is because of the players who will be coming to Denver that fans won’t get a chance to see play very often given they are in the AL.
More from Rox Pile
- A Colorado Rockies Thanksgiving
- Colorado Rockies: What if Todd Helton had played football instead?
- Colorado Rockies: Charlie Blackmon out for the season
- Colorado Rockies: Injuries shift look of roster ahead of Dodgers series
- Colorado Rockies: Has Sean Bouchard earned a second look in 2023?
The first player is Troy Tulowitzki. He hasn’t played this year due to an injury, but it is always exciting to see the former Rockies shortstop. Hopefully he will be healthy next season.
The second player, and probably the more anticipated one, is Vladimir Guerrero Jr. He is ranked the highest prospect in baseball.
The 19-year-old has yet to make an MLB appearance, but I wouldn’t be surprised if he is in the Blue Jays lineup next year given his numbers in the minors.
In 86 minor league games this year, he is hitting .394 with 18 homers, 72 RBI and a 1.101 OPS. If you want to see the future of baseball, buy tickets for this series at Coors Field.