Nolan Arenado’s otherworldly awesomeness
Sports on Earth’s Will Leitch called Arenado’s epic Fathers’ Day cycle the Rockies signature moment of 2017 in an article that really summed up the excitement of the 2017 season. If you want to remember how you felt when you saw that ball sneak over the left field wall, I would recommend you read it.
When we talk about Arenado, so often we focus on his extraordinary offensive numbers, and rightfully so. That being said, a big piece of what makes Arenado the player he has become is his ability to come through in the big moment.
It wasn’t just the cycle on Fathers’ Day.
More from Rox Pile
- A Colorado Rockies Thanksgiving
- Colorado Rockies: What if Todd Helton had played football instead?
- Colorado Rockies: Charlie Blackmon out for the season
- Colorado Rockies: Injuries shift look of roster ahead of Dodgers series
- Colorado Rockies: Has Sean Bouchard earned a second look in 2023?
It was the game in Arizona in the middle of September where he tied the game with a double in the sixth inning before breaking the tie in the eight with a three-run home run.
The guy just finds the big moment and comes through.
Not to mention he plays better defense than anyone else in the National League and has posted three consecutive seasons with at least 130 RBI.