Chicago Cubs (47-45, 5.5 WCGB)
The defending World Series champions should always be kept on close watch. They are currently second in the NL Central, only three and a half games back of the Milwaukee Brewers.
The Cubs are on a four-game winning streak and are looking to win the last two games of an important three game series against the Atlanta Braves.
More from Rox Pile
- A Colorado Rockies Thanksgiving
- Colorado Rockies: What if Todd Helton had played football instead?
- Colorado Rockies: Charlie Blackmon out for the season
- Colorado Rockies: Injuries shift look of roster ahead of Dodgers series
- Colorado Rockies: Has Sean Bouchard earned a second look in 2023?
With the lineup and the pitching rotation the Cubs have, they are always dangerous. They were picked as the preseason favorite to win the World Series, but here they are only two games above .500.
What makes the Cubs dangerous, is they are willing to spend big money to add to their talented roster. With the trade deadline coming up, I wouldn’t be surprised if they added an extra bat or another arm to the starting rotation, which has faced some injuries.
They have already made a big move with the Jose Quintana signing.
The Cubs will be making another move, because this season isn’t a success without getting back to the World Series, which should concern Rockies fans.