Colorado Rockies: The 5 Most Interesting Quotes from the Last Homestand
By Kevin Henry
Tony Wolters on Antonio Senzatela
"“He definitely has a calming sense of nature. I know he’s calmed me down. He seems like he’s been in the league for a long time. He has so much confidence in his stuff. He just knows what he is doing out there. He has a lot of awareness. I’m proud of what he did. He handled it like a champ, that’s for sure.”"
More from Rox Pile
- A Colorado Rockies Thanksgiving
- Colorado Rockies: What if Todd Helton had played football instead?
- Colorado Rockies: Charlie Blackmon out for the season
- Colorado Rockies: Injuries shift look of roster ahead of Dodgers series
- Colorado Rockies: Has Sean Bouchard earned a second look in 2023?
Facts Behind the Quote: Senzatela once again looked sharp for the Rockies on Tuesday night. In his second-ever Major League start, Senzatela gave up a leadoff homer to open his Coors Field career but was solid after that.
To earn his inaugural MLB win, the 22-year-old right-hander threw seven masterful innings, scattering five hits while surrendering a pair of runs and striking out five.
Colorado fans wondered how the team might do in the regular season with Senzatela and fellow rookie Kyle Freeland anchoring the back end of the rotation. So far, so good.