Colorado Rockies: Four Players Who Are Rocking Spring Training
Remember way back last season when DJ LeMahieu won Major League Baseball’s batting title? He had a pretty darn good year, setting career highs in a number of categories including total bases (273), doubles (32), triples (8), homers (11) and RBI (66).
More from Rox Pile
- A Colorado Rockies Thanksgiving
- Colorado Rockies: What if Todd Helton had played football instead?
- Colorado Rockies: Charlie Blackmon out for the season
- Colorado Rockies: Injuries shift look of roster ahead of Dodgers series
- Colorado Rockies: Has Sean Bouchard earned a second look in 2023?
It may have been last year … but LeMahieu is showing no signs of slowing down in spring training. Through nine games, he was batting .462 (12-for-26) and had at least one hit in each of the nine games he had played. That includes a 5-for-6 stretch against the Los Angeles Dodgers and Texas Rangers on March 6 and 7.
The even-keeled and low-key LeMahieu just keeps doing his job and producing from the second position in the lineup. He and Colorado leadoff hitter Charlie Blackmon made a lethal combination last year. When Blackmon got on base, LeMahieu would more often than not advance him at least one base.
Never fear, the duo has been doing the same thing for the Rockies in spring training. In fact, let’s look at how Chuck Nazty is tearing things up in Arizona next.