The Colorado Rockies lost the National League West Tiebreaker Game 5-2 to the Los Angeles Dodgers on Monday afternoon in Los Angeles.
On the podcast, Jake Shapiro of Rox Pile breaks down what cost the Rockies their first NL West crown and what kept it in the Dodgers hands for the sixth straight season.
Dodgers’ young pitching star Walker Buehler is discussed thoroughly as his efforts were what they’ve been all season and powered the LA club.
The Rockies did hit two home runs late in the game in back-to-back fashion from Arenado and Trevor Story. What did that mean both individually and for the team?
More from Colorado Rockies Podcast
- Colorado Rockies podcast: What to make of Bill Schmidt’s comments
- Colorado Rockies podcast: Why the Rockies could be a more interesting watch to end the season
- Colorado Rockies podcast: September call-ups and inside the Rockies clubhouse
- Colorado Rockies: Could recent injuries change their offseason philosophy?
- Colorado Rockies: Wynton Bernard finally receiving a callup to the majors
“Shap” previews the National League Wild Card game and what he thinks the key is … and why the Chicago Cubs at 95 wins aren’t as good as you think.
The game at Wrigley Field will start just after 6 p.m. Mountain time on Tuesday and will feature Freeland and Jon Lester on the mounds.
Last season, the Rockies lost in the NL Wild Card game to the Arizona Diamondbacks in Phoenix and were bounced without hosting a playoff game. That could be very detrimental to the franchise should that happen again.
Follow Rockie Road on SoundCloud: https://soundcloud.com/rockieroad
iTunes: Click here
Stitcher: Click here
Google Play: Click here
Rox Pile will be in Chicago for the game on Tuesday. And there will be fresh edition of the podcast after the final pitch is thrown. You can count on that.