The Marlins and Rockies are both in similar positions as they have both been struggling as of late. The Marlins have lost seven of their last nine games whereas the Rockies have lost six out of their last nine games but have lost seven series in a row, going back to early May.
Here is what the weather will look like for fans at Coors Field.
Denver weather for Memorial Day Monday, May 30
For Memorial Day, the Coors Field weather for the Miami Marlins and Colorado Rockies will be pleasant for fans.
For the 2:10 PM M.T./4:10 PM E.T. start, temperatures will be in the mid-60s with sunshine and mixed clouds with temperatures getting into the high 60s as the game develops, according to The Weather Channel. The chance of rain is five percent and winds will be blowing in from left field at around 15 MPH.
The Marlins will send, arguably, their best starter on the season, Pablo Lopez (4-2, 2.04 ERA in nine starts) to the mound. The Rockies will oppose with Ryan Feltner (0-1, 5.40 ERA in two starts).
Denver weather for Tuesday, May 31
To wrap up the month of May, the Coors Field weather for the Miami Marlins and Colorado Rockies will not be as enjoyable.
As of early Monday morning, the forecast says that there will be a 50 percent chance of rain at game time (6:40 PM M.T./8:40 PM E.T.) with temperatures in the mid- to upper-50s. As the game goes on, the chance of rain increases to 75 percent. Winds will be blowing in from left center field at about 15 MPH but it will decrease as the night goes on.
The Marlins have not yet announced who their starting pitcher will be as of early Monday morning. The Rockies will send Germán Márquez (1-5, 6.30 ERA in nine starts) to the hill.
Denver weather for Wednesday, June 1
To start the month of June, the Coors Field weather may not be great again for the Miami Marlins and Colorado Rockies.
There is a 70 percent chance of rain showers in the morning but it should clear in the early afternoon with the chance of rain decreasing to 30 percent. Temperatures will only reach the low 60s and winds will be blowing out to left field between 10-15 MPH.
The getaway day game will start at 1:10 PM M.T./3:10 PM E.T. Neither team has officially named their starting pitcher.
After the series, the Rockies will stay in Denver and welcome in the reigning World Series champion Atlanta Braves and the Marlins will return home for a six-game, seven-day homestand against the San Francisco Giants and Washington Nationals.