16. (14th, #407) Sam Thoele, RHP, University of Arkansas at Little Rock
Thoele was released during the 2017 season after struggling to an 8.53 ERA in 16 innings of relief and is currently out of affiliated baseball.
17. (15th, #437) Sam Hilliard, OF, Mansfield High School, Texas
Now 25, Hilliard has climbed exactly one level per year to the point where he now finds himself one step away from the majors. The lefthanded-hitting outfielder has shown solid power in the minors and has hit nine homers so far in 2019 on his way to a .232/.329/.512 batting line at AAA Albuquerque. He entered this season as the Rockies’ #9 prospect according to MLB.com and (spoiler alert) is the last player of the class of 2015 to be included on that list.
18. (16th, #467) Ryan McCormick, RHP, St. John’s University
McCormick was released after a brutal 2016 season where he got banged around to the tune of a 12.46 ERA across A, A-, and Rookie ball.
19. (17th, #497) Collin Ferguson, 1B/OF, Santa Cruz High School, California
Ferguson was released after the 2017 season, despite putting up fairly solid numbers. He hit .314/.390/.429 in AAA Albuquerque that year and was last seen playing independent ball in 2018 with the Schaumburg Boomers of the Frontier League.
20. (18th, #527) Chris Keck, 1B/3B, UCLA
The corner infielder was released after the 2016 season where he put up a .201/.315/.382 batting line for Class A Asheville, despite being considerably older than most of his competition.
21. (19th, #557) Daniel Koger, LHP, University of Alabama Huntsville
Koger was released after putting up a 7.62 ERA for Class A Asheville in 2016 and hasn’t played professional ball since.