The Colorado Rockies’ rookie ball affiliate is winding down their season on the Western Slope as player movement to full-season leagues begins.
More from Colorado Rockies Prospects
- Colorado Rockies: Has Sean Bouchard earned a second look in 2023?
- Colorado Rockies: Ezequiel Tovar to make his debut today
- Colorado Rockies: Potential players for September call-ups
- Colorado Rockies call up no. 14 prospect Michael Toglia
- MLB Pipeline: The Colorado Rockies’ farm system has strengthened … a lot
Todd Helton came to the park and gave the Pioneer League a little bit of Colorado Rockies big league flare, and the Grand Junction Rockies had a great flourish to finish out this past week in rookie level baseball, only to… go winless.
No, really. They didn’t win a game this week. Let’s chat it up below, and look at some GJ Rox stuff on the next few slides.
The last week (0-5): Ok, so it was a tough week for the Grand Junction Rockies, as they went 0-5 (and missed a few days thanks to the Pioneer League All Star Game that was played earlier in the week. But… you’re going to have 0-5 weeks, right? (Remember the Colorado Rockies’ 11-game losing streak in April/May of this year?)
So, as long as it’s a learning process, and there’s still good stuff going on… yeah. But a winless week still sucks, development or not.
Next: Trending Up And Down For The Baby Rox