Weekly Link Round-Up
Your Monday just got way more interesting. Click and read!
- Call to the Pen’s Justin Hunter wrote a great article promoting The Cure Baseball, which raises money for cancer research. You should read, and donate.
- You gotta love Jayson Stark, though as often as not these days he’s pointing out things I’d rather not have known about the Rockies. Like this.
- This has nothing to do with any team or player I care about, but “Dempster Diving?” That is priceless.
- Generally, I try not to laugh at the misfortunes of others, but I do make exceptions for certain people. HA HA HA HA HA Jonathan Papelbon!!!!
- Rockies Review’s David Martin reminds us that Dan O’Dowd is not the only one to blame for this suckfest of a season: Jim Tracy is still abysmally bad at his job.
- Are the Phillies interested in Rafael Betancourt? Because, I will take Shane Victorino. Though in that scenario they probably want something like three relievers, and we don’t have that many to spare.
- This is a horrible, horrible season, but other, much more horrible things have plagued the state of Colorado than an underperforming baseball team. Thankfully, the Rockies were able to forget about their horribleness long enough to reach out to others who need some comfort.
- Um, no, the Rockies should not trade Jeff Francis. He has been way better than anybody had a right to expect, but not good enough to command a worthwhile return. Of everybody not named Todd Helton, Troy Tulowitzki, and Carlos Gonzalez, Francis is the absolute last guy the Rockies should trade.
- MLB Trade Rumors’ deadline report on the Rockies is already outdated but, you know, read it anyway.
- I think the only way to feel good about the Rockies right now is to go here. We all know why they’re near the top of this page, but at least they’re near the top of something.