Weekly Link Round-Up
The final round-up of spring training!
- Charlie Blackmon is injured again, and my heart is sad again.
- Fangraphs examined the sophomore curse and pointed out that even Troy Tulowitzki suffered from it a tiny bit. They wonder whether Juan Nicasio will.
- Rafael Rojas Cremonesi took a look at Jonathan Herrera’s abilities and how he stands to impact the team in 2012.
- In the third round of Seedlings to Stars’ mock draft, the Rockies take catcher RJ Ybarra 104th overall.
- Bet you didn’t think the Red Sox rotation could get any more douchey! But they are nothing if not overachievers.
- Andrew Fisher of Purple Row reported on the news that Jamey Wright, WHO IS STILL ALIVE, actually made the Dodgers’ final roster.
- Call to the Pen’s Lew Freedman discussed the Jamie Moyer phenomenon.
- The ever entertaining Mark Townsend gave us both written and pictorial evidence of the fact that sometimes baseball is weird. Special thanks to Tyler Colvin for serving as visual aid.
- The Dodgers are rich now, so that’s awesome.
- I’m so confused about why other teams are already playing real games when I’m still waiting for mine. Why does that happen every year?
- Grant Brisbee of Baseball Nation previewed the Rockies’ 2012 season.
- Juan Nicasio answered fans’ questions for the Denver Post. Read them and tell me what he says. I couldn’t get past his first answer because I got all verklempt.
- There’s nothing quite so entertaining as reading a true fan’s account of their spring training pilgrimage. Especially one as funny as this guy.
- Fangraphs ranked the Rockies #18 among all major league ball clubs. That’s still better than the Padres AND the Dodgers, so hey, it could be worse.
- Bryan Kilpatrick of Purple Row examines the Rockies’ 2012 bullpen now that the starting rotation is set.