Round ‘em up! Here’s what you need to read if you haven’t already.
- Over at Big League Stew, Mark Townsend reported on Todd Frazier’s odd, one-handed home run at Great American Ballpark last week.
- “Might be time for Jamie Moyer to go,” said SweetSpot’s Matt Meyers last Sunday. And within a few days, he was gone.
- “Fangraphs is making fun of the Rockies? That never happens!” – Nobody
- In other news, former Rockies GIDP machine Ty Wigginton was all kinds of awesome for the Phillies on Memorial Day.
- Andrew Fisher makes a compelling argument for putting Dexter Fowler in the lead-off spot permanently.
- You can always count on the Astros’ defensive hijinks when they come to Coors Field.
- Barry Bonds will be sad if he doesn’t make it into the Hall of Fame immediately?? OMG, what do we do??
- David Martin of Rockies Review considers some new goals the Rockies might set now that it’s clear they aren’t exactly gunning for the postseason.
- Just when you’re about ready to give up on the Rockies, Jeff Aberle will come along and convince you not to.
- Christina Kahrl gives us reason to believe that the maturity Carlos Gonzalez is showing at the plate is for real this time.
- 850 KOA’s Dave Kriger got Dan O’Dowd to open up about the season so far. He has a better handle on things than I thought he did but, alarmingly, no real idea of how to fix what’s broken.
- Fangraphs thinks the Rockies should take RHP Lance McCullers in the first round of the amateur players’ draft tomorrow.
- MLB Trade Rumors names Todd Helton among the best contract extensions from two years ago.
- David Brown of Big League Stew reported on Cargo’s record-making performance last week against the Astros.
- Prior to this weekend’s series with the Dodgers, I chatted with Lasorda’s Lair editor Scott Andes on his podcast Dishing up the Dodgers. If you’ve been dying to hear the sound of my voice: now’s your chance.
- Fangraphs wrote a tribute to the most-likely-over career of Jamie Moyer.
- Guys, Johan Santana threw a no-hitter on Friday. I don’t care what the replay shows and neither does Lew Freedman.
- Joe Soriano reported on Juan Nicasio’s trip to the DL following his strained knee while on the mound yesterday.
Next Rockies Game Full schedule »