Stuff to read. Spring training is almost here you guys!!!
- Colorado Rockies Prospect Report thinks the Rockies missed this past June when they chose Tyler Anderson over Josh Bell in the draft.
- Which of these free agent pitchers will Dan O’Dowd be pursuing for 2013?
- Wally Fish set up a comparison of various prospect lists on Seedlings to Stars, showing where different prospects in the National League West fell on each list.
- Call to the Pen’s Joe Soriano took a close look at the Jeremy Guthrie-Jason Hammel-Matt Lindstrom trade.
- David Schoenfield likes the Guthrie trade for the Rockies, which is interesting because no one else really seemed to.
- Orioles’ beat writer Britt Ghiroli gets inside the mind of GM Dan Duquette to see what the heck he was thinking giving up Guthrie.
- Kyle Davis of Call to the Pen did Ghiroli one better and got into the mind of Guthrie himself. The fact that none of the tweets he found there actually exist really isn’t relevant.
- Purple Row’s Andrew Fisher makes liberal use of the strikethrough function and shows us how far we have departed from our 2011 Rockies thanks to Dan O’Dowd.
- Did you know that Jamey Wright is still a pitcher? Did you know that Jamey Wright is not dead yet?
- Mark Townsend reports on the rally to save Tom Helmer’s job. People, neither he nor I are fortunate enough to live in Denver, so we cannot help Tom. But you can. Do the right thing.
- Purple Row looks at the changes DOD has made this offseason and considers what they mean for 2013. Which, it has long been my opinion, is when they will actually make the Rockies a successful team.
- In which DOD looks into a camera and attempts to defend his actions.
- I have a hard time believing that Jim Tracy is less likely to lose his job than Ozzie Guillen, but this is what Matt Musico thinks, and he is entitled to his opinion.
- Jhoulys, where the hell are you? Don’t you remember what happened to Ubaldo when he prioritized globe-trotting over bench pressing Jason Giambi? Get thee to Scottsdale by February 20th to avoid even worse consequences than those that may already be headed your way.
- David Schoenfield is critical of DOD’s “clubhouse culture” speak, but he does think the Rockies have a little bit of talent, and that they might even win every so often.
Next Rockies Game Full schedule »