Stuff to read.
- The most talked-about Topps 2012 baseball card is Skip Schumaker’s. If you don’t know why, well, click and see.
- I saw the title of David Schoenfield’s article “Baseball’s most difficult team to project,” and immediately thought, this is about the Rockies. I was right.
- Mark Townsend gives us his take on Dan O’Dowd’s 850 KOA interview, and he thinks that DOD was right to prioritize culture over talent. And he always gives Rox Pile a shout-out, which we appreciate!
- Purple Row’s Andrew Fisher considers whether the Rockies have a legitimate ace in the system for next season.
- David Schoenfield addressed the Rockies’ situation TWICE this week, giving Jim Tracy top billing in his list of managers who are on the hot seat.
- Robbie Knopf of Seedlings to Stars gave us a thorough profile of Asheville Tourist Corey Dickerson, naming him in All-Star in the South Atlantic League.
- Justin Hunter of Chicken Friars published his predictions for the NL West and he has the Rockies finishing last. Ouch. But he did refer to Huston Street as a “stud,” so he could be wrong about other things too …
- On the other hand, Robert Moreno also published his predictions, and HE has the Rockies finishing last too! Come on, surely somebody believes the Padres will be worse!
- And that somebody is Dominic Di Tolla, so thank you very much sir.
- The L.A. Times’ Mike DiGiovanna commented on what he thought were the best and worst free agent signings this offseason by position. The Rockies lost at right field and won at … catcher?
Next Rockies Game Full schedule »